Presentation of Yago
We are Yago, a Scale-Up in Insurtech that raised 6 million euros in the last few years. Yago is revolutionizing the insurance and financial services experience, thanks to our digital platform and exceptional customer service (NPS>80% in 2022). Yago is the trusted guide, by your side in the most beautiful moments of your life as well as in case of a claim.
With a turnover multiplied by 9 in 3 years, Yago is in a hyper-growth phase and aims to reach 10X in the next 4 years.
Yago is looking for bright minds and proven performers, motivated to transform the insurance business through digital, while preserving the human touch, and to work with a dynamic and committed team that aims high!
Chief People Officer at Yago
At Yago, we consider our team as our #1 asset so we are looking for an experienced People professional, who is passionate about ‘People’ and has a strong and genuine desire to empower and augment the experience of our employees, and by extension, our customers.
You will embody our company, our values and our culture, serving as a people-centric leader internally and an ambassador externally.
You will join Yago as a pivotal role of our Scalers team, so we can scale quickly and effectively. As Chief People Officer, your mission will be to make sure we attract the best talents and make them thrive in the long run.
As a member of the Yago Executive Management, directly reporting to our co-CEO in charge of Operations, you will be responsible for leading and overseeing the development of the People function and all human resources activities. Your ability to communicate and partner with your peers within the Management Team will be critical to the success of this role.
Please note that candidates for this role are required to be fluent in both French & Dutch.
1° HR business partner
- Assess the effectiveness of existing HR procedures and tools
- Partner with senior leaders on how to ensure the alignment of HR with Yago’s business strategy and organizational design roadmap (structure, process, metrics & rewards, people)
- Co-define and manage the HR strategy for Yago (i.e. talent acquisition & retention)
- Provide guidance on workforce planning, including on headcount planning and budgeting: ensure that the recruitment needs are aligned to the business roadmap and work on a succession plan
- Work with the finance team to ensure an attractive compensation & benefits policy while respecting internal pay equity
- Ensure an outstanding employee experience and engagement, from the recruitment process to the off-boarding
- Build and implement the right metrics to drive HR performance and optimize the use of people analytics to manage talent
- Build and manage an effective and agile HR team, closely following Yago’s scaling pace
- Ensure that Yago’s growth is based on our culture, in everything we do, hand-in-hand with the co-CEOs and managers (values, corporate rituals, attitudes, charters)
- Co-build the CSR policy with the co-CEOs in line with Yago’s culture
2° Talent acquisition
- Together with the Branding team, define a clear Employer Value Proposition and structure, market and communicate a strong Employer Branding inside and outside of Yago to attract the best candidates and retain employees over the long run
- Assess, adjust and lead Yago’s Talent acquisition strategy and its execution, with a rigorous headhunting mindset, to support Yago’s ambitious growth needs in talents
- Manage the recruitment budget, improve our recruitment processes (job boards, partners, KPIs, …) and ensure an excellent candidate experience
- Support managers in defining their needs and key skills to recruit
- Write and edit efficient job descriptions
- Coordinate and contribute to the onboarding and integration of new team members
3° People development
- Develop and deliver learning programs for Yago teams.
- Manage all performance interview and salary review processes
- Equip managers with the tools and knowledge to conduct performance reviews, provide effective feedback and help them develop their coaching skills
- Set up and conduct executive coaching and leadership trainings for the top management team
- Lead internal communication at Yago in collaboration with the co-CEOs, to maximize the impact of communications and meetings, and to ensure the highest motivation and energy levels from employees
- Foster a workplace culture where employees feel supported to maximize their potential, including teambuilding and celebrations
- Contribute to a good social climate
- Lead office management, creating a focused, productive, and pleasant workplace environment
4° People operations
- Manage the HR administrative tasks (contracts, leave, working time, occupational medicine, certificates, etc.)
- Supervise the follow-up of payroll and social declarations with our chartered accountant
- Supervise legal and payroll topics in order to ensure the compliance of HR processes and data
- Keep abreast of market trends as they relate to compensation and benefits
Who are we looking for?
- Human Resources professional with 7+ years experience, including at least 2+ years as HR Business Partner (Head of HR / Chief People Officer)
- Significant experience leading people and culture efforts and activities, including a successful track record of leading and scaling the function in a high growth, technology environment
- Ability to understand the important commercial drivers of a business and how it adds value, and able to translate this into effective partnerships with business leaders and drive change through people-based strategies and initiatives.
- Track record of delivering ambitious objectives in a fast-growing environment in cross-functional areas: recruitment, training, internal mobility, compensation & benefits, on-boarding…
- Proven experience to recruit talents in a competitive landscape (tech, marketing, sales), and with seniority
- Experience should include a focus on performance management and talent development, organizational design, and leadership coaching
- Proven experience in implementing an HR roadmap (from strategy to operational deployment)
- Management experience of one or more teams of at least 3 people and have established key KPIs to monitor your activity
- Fluent skills in written and verbal French & Dutch
- A plus : you have ideally worked in an IT/tech company or recruited this type of profile!
- Data-driven mindset with a history of decision-making based on business metrics, to quickly define, track and analyze KPIs to take action
- Demonstrated effective multitasking skills, tenacity, and strong attention to detail
- Dynamic, committed, rigorous and results-oriented, with growth mindset
- Analytical mind and systemic approach in looking on situations / solutions
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills (across all mediums) with proven ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Interest in continuous learning and developing personal and professional skills
- Comfortable switching between operational and strategic HR
What’s in it for you?
- You will join a genuine and ambitious Belgian scale up : Yago is one of the top 50 fastest growing tech companies in Belgium (www.fast50.be). We can guarantee you high challenges, stimulating results and enthusiastic environment!
- Generous Health Benefits with Alan
- Professional Development: Growth is part of our DNA, therefore we provide full access to our internal knowledge base and are always looking for new learning ideas to help you improve on what you do best
- Teambuilding: working and taking on challenges together is how we win and learn at Yago. You will experience our team spirit onsite through weekly stand-ups and quarter meetings, with several events & workshops planned throughout the year, including annual offsite event, lunch & learns, & much more.
- Parent Care: we understand how precious it is to have time for the little ones so we take care of you through parental leaves and flexible working hours.