Yago (ex-Seraphin), Belgian InsurTech showing solid growth and having recently closed its 4th fundraising, is revolutionising the customer experience in insurance and financial services in Belgium (considering Europe). We are looking for a Head of Product to drive the product landscape of this revolution; willing to put their heart and soul into creating the most awesome product ever built.
The Head of Product will take a fundamental place there to influence strategic development initiatives. You will focuses on aligning Yago (ex-Seraphin)’s product strategy with the overall business strategy.
The objective being to build a solid team together over the long term, we are looking for a person with whom we will build a relationship of trust for at least 3-5 years. The mentality within Yago (ex-Seraphin) is fundamentally benevolent and aims to develop ownership and a sense of initiative in each employee.
Mission of Yago (ex-Seraphin) 🎯
We are Yago (ex-Seraphin), a scale-up in Insurtech that has already raised €6M in the last few years. Yago (ex-Seraphin) is revolutionising the experience users have with insurance and financial services. Thanks to our digital platform and exceptional customer service (NPS > 80% in 2022), we simplify the purchase and management of insurance and financial products. Yago (ex-Seraphin) is your trusted guide, by your side through the best and worst of times, with all your insurance requests. With a turnover that multiplied by 9 in 3 years, Yago (ex-Seraphin) is in a hyper-growth phase and aims to grow from 8K to 100k clients in the next 5 years. To accompany this growth, we will double the size of our teams to reach 100 employees.
Being product-market-fit for 3 years, Yago (ex-Seraphin) has a very clear view on the product & technical challenges that await!
1) Transform Yago (ex-Seraphin) into the leading digital insurance partner for B2C ecosystem
2) Create a mobile app to deliver higher value added services
3) While preparing technological stack for international expansion
Your main missions will be
The scope of this role is very complete, with high visibility and complete autonomy on the scope. It requires a mix of technical & functional expertise, business and user understanding, data fluency. It also includes a managerial track. The job will report directly to the CEO.
Product Vision & Strategy
- In close cooperation with the company management, you contribute to the elaboration of the product vision of Yago (ex-Seraphin), and then build a solid product strategy (tangible goals to reach) based on this vision.
- Translate the product strategy into a product roadmap - to decide on prioritization, resource allocation, and timelines. You create, maintain and deliver a list of prioritized problems to solve as well as business enablers.
- You will make sure that we’re solving the right problems our clients are facing and that we’re picking the right opportunities at the right moment; make sure your team / stakeholders understand and embrace it.
Product Culture & Team Development
- Reinforce a thriving product culture that leads to superior solutions and fosters innovative ideas. You create a safe-to-fail environment where people are encouraged to come up with new ideas and solutions, whilst you mitigate business risks.
- Set motivating goals for all teams and review our performance closely. Coach the different Product teams in the day-to-day and help squads deliver tangible business impact. Ensure clear, constructive and assertive feedback to help your team members grow.
- Structure the organization, processes and team tools, to provide fluidity, efficiency and quality.
- Lead the product team on a daily basis
- Coach and manage the members of the product team, to allow them to grow and give their full potential
- Develop the product organization through your involvement in both hiring diverse teams (from roadmap to closing) and accelerating talent development.
- Join a motivated and united team of 50 people in a stimulating, dynamic and above all friendly atmosphere
Product Lifecycle Management
- Leading all aspects of the product development lifecycle, including the discovery - understanding the pain points and needs of users, iterating to find the best options, and delivery - writing detailed specifications and framing.
- You follow up the execution of the roadmap and optimize the whole product development cycle
- You will be the partner of engineers and sales team leaders. Thanks to your ownership, you know how to adjust priorities if necessary, communicate, work closely with engineers to ensure our quality standards and respect our commitments.
- You understand your job ends when the problem is solve and the business targets are met. Not when the feature is shipped.
Who we're looking for 👩💻
We are looking for a highly skilled head of product with a strong analytical background. You are a business partner at heart, a product leader, and willing to support the overall decision-making process. To exceed your objectives in the job you'll need:
- Multiple years of experience as a Product Lead / Head/Director/VP of Product in a tech environment, preferably in SaaS.
- Data-driven. You leverage data to the fullest to identify opportunities, review performance, and support decisions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: you thrive in fast-paced environments where you have broad responsibilities
- You are a do-er, exceeding at challenging the product vision and managing the practical execution to make it happen in real life. You are a hard worker.
- An effective leader and team-player who knows how to hire and manage the right talent to scale the product team. You are hungry to teach and coach. You excel at making your colleagues grow and adopt a servant leadership style.
- You are astonishingly good at planning and organizing.
- Soft skills: organization, analytical skills, adaptation, curiosity, rigor in delivery times, team spirit and proactivity. Excellent interpersonal and team management skills.
- You can communicate in English and French both spoken and written. Dutch is a real plus.
- Master degree in engineering commercial school or equivalent experience
Yago (ex-Seraphin) is based in Brussels (with brand new offices in Merode with a fantastic view). Ideally, the head of product would start in his new role as early as of May 2022.
Want to apply ? 💪
Are you interested? Please apply by sending your application by mail to Tanguy (co-founder) ([email protected]), to quickly explain your candidacy and organize a meeting with him.
- Start of the work: ASAP
- Remote policy: available for 20-30% of the time
- Hiring process: interviews with
- First call of 30 minutes with HR
- Meeting with the Co-CEO
- Meeting with the CTO
- External assessment with Avizio (leadership / soft skills)
- Meet the product team